After a long border crossing (where our things were definitely violated) we were in Canada! Our first province to explore was New Brunswick. I was drawn here by the wonder of the highest tides on earth in the long narrow Bay of Fundy along with the incredible rock formations. Lets just say, it did not disappoint. Hopewell Rocks were just as awe-inspiring as I imagined: the rugged shapes, mysterious tunnels with trees happily growing on top.
At our last stop (if you missed Acadia National Park check it out here) we hit one month on the road! In celebration of this I am starting a monthly musings series. Once a month, I will reflect on what we've learned after another month on the road.
1. Sleep comes so much easier after a full day in the sun.
2. Anytime someone cooks you a meal, hug them. It is a generous labor of love.
3. Nothing is as easy as it seems.
4. Emotions change like the weather.
5. Everything takes two (or three) times longer on the road... and I mean everything!
6. Pooping is a sacred act and should be done alone (not with strangers or wildlife present).
7. Skunk spray is so much worst than you could imagine. It is great for inducing dry heaving.
8. Skunk smell is easier to get out of husky fur than an eyeball. That can take a year.
9. Campgrounds are like weird little rotating neighborhoods and you should act accordingly.
10. Headlamps are a godsend.
11. The GoVino plastic wine glasses were one of the best purchases I've ever made.
12. Rain jackets are a necessity (I've avoided buying one my whole life, until now).
13. To travel with your dog, you must really love your dog.
14. Propane lasts forever... okay, probably not but our 11 gallon tank is like the energizer bunny.
15. Cooking over an open fire makes everything taste like smoke. Am I doing it wrong??
16. Maybe the west coast isn't the best coast... well, it probably still is! I'll let you know later this year.
17. There are no guarantees while cooking in the great outdoors.
18. It is weird to worry more about wild animals than checking your email inbox.
19. Who knew a four minute shower could be so refreshing?
20. You want my address?!? I don't know how to answer that... will my license plate work?
Peace and musings,