Spring is almost here! The clocks have sprung forward and the days are getting longer. Our bodies are starting to feel the energy of the seasons changing.
I don't know about you but I am already starting to crave brighter and lighter foods. My lunches have turned from warm dishes and soups to fresh salads. Do you feel it too? This vegetable packed salad is a wonderful addition to your weekly menu!
There are so many variations of this salad as well. Feel free to switch out any of the veggies or legumes (beans) to your favorite or with whatever you have on hand. If you choose to go soy free, switch out the edamame with green peas or leave them out all together. You could add a south of the border twist by substituting black beans, corn, cilantro and avocado (which is super delicious, by the way). Think of this as a template recipe with endless possibilities!
If you have any questions about a certain ingredient, please let me know. I am happy to help :)
Wishing you bright sunny days,
Click through for recipe.
1 cup quinoa, uncooked
1/2 cup edamame, shelled
1/2 red bell pepper, small dice
2 green onions, chopped
2 medium carrots, thinly sliced (or 6-8 baby carrots)
1/2 cups (1 can) chickpeas
1/4 cup parsley, chopped
2 tbsp red wine vinegar
1 tsp lemon juice
1 tbsp dijon mustard
2 tsp maple syrup
1/4 tsp garlic
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp black pepper
2 tbsp olive oil
1. Cook quinoa according to package directions and set aside to cool.
2. Thaw or cook edamame for 5 minutes in simmering water to cover. Drain and set aside.
3. In a large bowl add red bell pepper, green onions, carrots, chickpeas, parsley and cooled edamame.
4. In a small bowl mix together all ingredients except olive oil. Once combined, slowly drizzle oil in while stirring.
5. Fluff quinoa and add to the bowl of vegetables. Pour dressing over the top and stir until thoroughly combined.
6. For best result let the salad sit for 30 minutes before consuming.