As you are planning your holiday meals here is a great addition to the table! I am always working on Brussels sprout recipes and this method is my current favorite for cooking them. The sprouts get nice and crispy on the bottom and fresh and green on top. The cranberries give them a great pop of color and flavor. I toss them with a sweet and tangy dressing and top them with pecans.
I hope you all have a wonderful (and healthy) holiday!
1 lb. Brussels sprouts
1 1/2 tbsp olive oil, divided
2/3 cup fresh or frozen cranberries
1/4 cup pecan pieces, toasted
1/2 tbsp lemon juice
1/2 tbsp maple syrup
1/2 tbsp Dijon mustard (I use stone ground)
salt, to taste
pepper, to taste
1. Preheat oven to 375°. Heat a large cast iron skillet on the stove top over medium heat.
2. Trim and halve the Brussels sprouts. Toss them with 1 tbsp olive oil and a pinch of salt and pepper.
3. Once the skillet is heated add the Brussels to the pan and place cut side down. Heat for 3 to 4 minutes.
4. Spread the cranberries over the sprouts and move them to the oven, without stirring. Cook them for 10 to 12 minutes until they are bright green on top and browning on the bottom.
5. In a small bowl stir together 1/2 tbsp each olive oil, lemon juice, maple syrup and Dijon mustard with a pinch of salt and pepper.
6. Remove the skillet from the oven and toss with the dressing. Top with the toasted pecans.